He looked up to his elder brother, Makio Bitou, who was recognized as Housen's strongest fighter in its history and has held a grudge against Suzuran ever since one of their students stabbed Makio to death during a war with Housen in the past.
He followed Narumi Taiga, Housen's then leader on his crusade to avenge Makio's death which eventually lead to a clash with the GPS, one of Suzuran's ruling factions at the time. After Narumi's defeat by Genji Takiya, Tatsuya resolved to find his own way to payback Suzuran for his brother's death .
Tatsuya decided to go underground, handing over his position of leadership over Housen to his younger brother, Hideyuki Bitou.
After this incident, his brother was later challenged and defeated by King Joe. Upon meeting with Joe, Tatsuya acknowledged that if he beat Hideyuki, he deserved to rule Housen. He and his brother move to graduate high School in Machida, Tokyo after the loss, it is here that Tatsuya would meet and be severely defeated by The Manji Empire's Kuzugami Tatsuo .
After graduating he became a professional boxer and kept his rivalry with Ryuushin as he had become a professional boxer in the same gym as well .
Bouya ranked him as the third strongest fighter he faced, alongside Ryuushin .
- Tatsuya vs. Ryuushin, Kitagawa, Hirota - Won 
- Tatsuya vs. Masuhara, several underlings - Won 
- Tatsuya vs. Bandou - Won 
- Tatsuya vs. Hiromi - Won 
- Tatsuya vs. Bouya - Loss 
- Tatsuya vs. Suga, Satou - Won 
- Tatsuya, Ryuushin vs. Murakami Kazuhiro, Iijima Nobuhiro, Motohashi Masayoshi - Won 
- Tatsuya vs. Shiga Yukio - Won 
- Tatsuya vs. Kuzugami Tatsuo - Loss