He is also one of The Four Kings in his generation and the middle Bitou brother.
He looked up to his elder brother, Makio Bitou, who was recognized as Housen's strongest fighter in its history and has held a grudge against Suzuran ever since one of their students stabbed Makio to death during a war with Housen in the past.
Tatsuya decided to go underground, handing over his position of leadership over Housen to his younger brother, Hideyuki Bitou.
After this incident, his brother was later challenged and defeated by King Joe. Upon meeting with Joe, Tatsuya acknowledged that if he beat Hideyuki, he deserved to rule Housen.
After graduating, he became a professional boxer and kept his rivalry with Ryuushin as he had become a professional boxer in the same gym as well .
Bouya ranked him as the third strongest fighter he faced, alongside Ryuushin .
- Tatsuya vs. Ryuushin, Kitagawa, Hirota - Won 
- Tatsuya vs. Masuhara, several underlings - Won 
- Tatsuya vs. Bandou - Won 
- Tatsuya vs. Hiromi - Won 
- Tatsuya vs. Bouya - Lost 
- Tatsuya vs. Suga, Satou - Won 
- Tatsuya, Ryuushin vs. Murakami Kazuhiro, Iijima Nobuhiro, Motohashi Masayoshi - Won 
- Tatsuya vs. Shiga Yukio - Won 
- Tatsuya vs. Kuzugami Tatsuo - Lost